Welcome to Baylor, Where We Duo!
Baylor protects all of its information resources with Duo two-factor authentication and Verified Duo Push. These additional layers of protection provides insurance against threats to personal information, sensitive research data, and other university information and resources stored within BearWeb, Box, Canvas, and other online platforms.
The Duo mobile app is available for all devices through the Apple App Store or Google Play. To start using Duo on your device, install the app and then click the button below to start the enrollment process.
If you are experiencing issues with Duo and the resources on this page are not proving helpful, please do one of the following:
- Visit HelpDesk+ on the garden level of Moody Memorial Library for in-person assistance.
- Call (254) 710-HELP (4357).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Search our knowledge base or create a support ticket using the Self-Service Portal at helpdesk.baylor.edu.
If you are new to Duo you must enroll at the Enrollment Portal by following the instructions below. If you want to add an additional, new device (iPad or Android tablet) or add a new phone with a different number, do the following:
- Visit the App Store (iOS) or Google Store (Android) and install the FREE Duo Mobile app on your new device.
- Launch the Duo Mobile app.
- On a separate device, visit www.baylor.edu/2factor.
- Log in using your Bear ID and Passphrase.
- Select Add a New Device beneath the Baylor logo and follow the prompts [see screenshot]
- Scan the QR code that appears using the camera on your new mobile device [see screenshot]
- Once your device is confirmed, you are ready to Duo!
Note: We encourage everyone to have more than one device registered on your Duo account, if possible. If you have an iPad or Android tablet, that makes for a good, second device option. Having a second, registered device is very useful in the event that one of your devices fails or is replaced.
If you get a new phone that has the same number as your old phone, do the following:
- Make sure the Duo Mobile app is installed on your new phone.
- On a separate device (not the new phone), visit www.baylor.edu/2factor and sign in with your Bear ID and passphrase when prompted.
- Click the My Settings & Devices link beneath the Baylor logo and then have Duo send a Duo Push notification to your old phone. [see screenshot]
- Approve the notification when it appears on your old phone. If you do not have your old phone, you must contact HelpDesk+ to complete the Duo enrollment process.
- Click the Device Options button that appears next to your mobile phone number
- Select Reactivate Duo Mobile from the options that appear and follow the prompts
- Scan the QR code using your new phone [see screenshot]
- This should complete the process. If you encounter any issues, contact HelpDesk+ for assistance.
Note: We encourage everyone to have more than one device registered on your Duo account, if possible. If you have an iPad or Android tablet, that makes for a good, second device option. If you have an iPad or Android tablet, that makes for a good, second device option. Having a second, registered device is very useful in the event that one of your devices fails or is replaced.
If you do not have a Duo Mobile compatible device, Duo produces a hardware token that provides randomly-generated codes that can be supplied to Duo for two-factor authentication. This brief video shows a Duo hardware token in use. The Baylor Bookstore has Duo hardware tokens available for purchase. You can also register a WebAuthn/FIDO2 USB security key with Duo to use for secure two-factor authentication. Yubico or Feitian produce security keys that work with Duo, although Duo does not support U2F-only security keys (like the Yubikey NEO-n). These "zero-trust" solutions provide the highest levels of two-factor security currently available. Visit this page to learn more about using Duo with security keys. If you register a Hardware Token or Security Key for use with Duo, please contact HelpDesk+ at (254) 710-4357 or email@example.com.