Microsoft Teams empowers collaborative work by bringing a host of resources together into one app. It features a robust video conferencing platform that allows screen sharing, custom backgrounds, chat, file sharing, and even "together" mode that brings meeting participants into a variety of visual environments. Teams also offers a full-feature chat interface for one-to-one or group conversations and a Teams Calls platform complete with voice mail and other standard phone features. Teams integrates with many Microsoft 365 applications and allows access to functionality from a growing list of third-party platforms through its own internal apps.
Microsoft Teams is available for use by all Baylor students, faculty, and staff as part of Baylor's Microsoft license. Microsoft Teams is available through the Web at portal.office.com, as an app for Windows and Apple systems, and on the Apple Store and Google Play for iOS and Android devices.
Starting in December 2021, Teams Classes and Meetings are available in Canvas! To learn how to integrate these tools into your existing Canvas environment, check out the links below:
- Microsoft Teams Classes in Canvas
- Microsoft Teams Meetings in Canvas
- Microsoft Teams Meetings LTI App Demo
- Canvas Community: Teams Classes LTI for Canvas Is Here!
Are you looking for a Baylor-themed background for your Teams meetings? Click here to find a growing set of properly configured and branded images.
To learn more about Teams Calls, see our dedicated Teams Calls page.
- Video Training - A series of videos produced by Microsoft that provide a comprehensive overview of Teams Calls
- Microsoft hosted a series of "Teams Tuesdays" training sessions during the Summer of 2021. Visit this YouTube link to see the entire playlist.
- Tuesday, May 26: Teams 101
- Tuesday, June 2: Staff Uses of Teams
- Tuesday, June 9: Faculty Uses of Teams
- Tuesday, June 16: Microsoft OneNote
- Tuesday, June 23: Microsoft Inclusive and Accessible Virtual Classrooms
- Tuesday, June 30: Microsoft Whiteboard and Sway
- Tuesday, July 7: Microsoft Planner and Bookings
- Tuesday, July 14: English Language Learner Tools and Applications
- Tuesday, July 21: PowerPoint Live and Bonus Features
- Tuesday, July 28: Deep Dive into Microsoft Word Features
- LinkedIn Learning also provides a comprehensive course on using Microsoft Teams.